June 5, 2018/ bristoldental/ 0
When it’s time to take one’s child to their first dental appointment, one might wonder whether the child should be brought over to see a general dentist or a pediatric dentist. The answer will largely depend on the kind of dental treatment the child requires and whether or not they’ll need the service of a pediatric dentistry mississauga.
Extensive Dental Training
A pediatric dentist is extensively trained to treat dental issues in children. Pediatric dentists are professionals who have finished an additional few years of dental training in children, infants, and teens after four years in dental school.
What They Do
Pediatric dentists offer the same set of services as general dentists. These include tooth extraction, dental exams, and cavity filling. In special dental situations, parents may consider a pediatric dentist due to their specialized training. Such special situations that a pediatric dentist can cater to includes when:
- A child’s teeth coming in end up being crooked or the bite appears to be uneven.
- Cavities start building up under the gums within the adult teeth and below the baby teeth.
- A child with special pre-existing conditions such as blood, respiratory, or cardiovascular disorders.
- A child’s baby teeth failed to come in or have fallen out abnormally.
- A child’s tooth or teeth are missing as a result of an injury or accident.
General or Pediatric Dentist?
To know whether one’s child should pay a general or pediatric dentist a visit, one should go to their local dentist office. After an initial appointment with a general dentist, the parent will be informed whether or not their child will require a visit from a pediatric dentist.
While not all dentists are considered as pediatric dentists, one won’t have to worry about searching for dentist who’s great around kids. A Mississauga Dentist is more than enough in keeping kids comfortable and safe in every dental appointment.