May 11, 2018/ bristoldental/ 0
You may be wondering what are the benefits of dental bridges Mississauga.
I create a list on how to determine the different benefits and disadvantages of dental bridges.
Benefits of dental bridges:
1. Brings back your smile
2. Returns your ability to chew and speak properly
3. Preserves the shape of your face
4. Disperses the force of your bite evenly
5. Prevents the teeth that are left from shifting or drifting out of place
These advantages are very beneficial not only for your looks but also for your physical health and dental health.
The disadvantages are:
1. The teeth that the bridge is abutted to on either side may become damaged after the bridge is introduced
2. The abutment teeth may already be weak and shortly after the bridge is introduced to the teeth the bridge is abutted to they can collapse
3. The bridge if not fitted properly can allow food and bacteria in to cause decay
Is a dental bridge right for you
The only way to know if a dental bridge is right for you is to see one of the dentists Mississauga.
The dentist will examine your teeth and will be able to tell you if you make a good applicant for one of the three types of bridges.
If a dental bridge will work for you it will require at least two visits.
The first the dentist will prepare the abutment teeth for the dental bridge to attach to by shaping for a crown. Then, the dentist will make a mold of your mouth and send it to the lab for your dental bridge to be made.
The second visit the dentist will attach your dental bridge and explain how to take care of your bridge and when you can return to your normal eating habits and what you should no longer eat.