Veneers are a cosmetic procedure usually used for chipped, stained, damaged or misaligned teeth. The veneers are made of a very thin shell of porcelain or a regular composite material that is bonded to the front of teeth. Once the porcelain is bonded to the teeth, it becomes very hard and durable.
A cost effective and less expensive option to consider in place of a traditional veneers is to get a “componeer”. Please consult our dentist to see if componeers are suitable for you.
Advantages of Veneers:
- Veneers look very natural and camouflage stains and chips, etc.
- It’s a short procedure, usually only two dental appointments.
- Veneers are quite durable and can be long lasting with proper care.
- Veneers resist stains that other bonded materials do not.
- Greatly improves the self-confidence of patients. You’ll smile more!
A small layer of tooth enamel is removed and an impression is taken of the teeth. The Veneers are made at a lab using the patient’s impression. At the second appointment, the teeth are acid etched and cement is applied to the surface. The veneers are then attached and bonded to the tooth surface with a bonding light. The veneers are then polished.
For more information on any particular dental services, please click on Patient Resources.