When it’s time to take one’s child to their first dental appointment, one might wonder whether the child should be brought over to see a general dentist or a pediatric dentist. The answer will largely depend on the kind of dental treatment the child requires and whether or not they’ll need the service of a pediatric dentistry mississauga.
Extensive Dental Training
A pediatric dentist is extensively trained to treat dental issues in children. Pediatric dentists are professionals who have finished an additional few years of dental training in children, infants, and teens after four years in dental school.
What They Do
Pediatric dentists offer the same set of services as general dentists. These include tooth extraction, dental exams, and cavity filling. In special dental situations, parents may consider a pediatric dentist due to their specialized training. Such special situations that a pediatric dentist can cater to includes when:
- A child’s teeth coming in end up being crooked or the bite appears to be uneven.
- Cavities start building up under the gums within the adult teeth and below the baby teeth.
- A child with special pre-existing conditions such as blood, respiratory, or cardiovascular disorders.
- A child’s baby teeth failed to come in or have fallen out abnormally.
- A child’s tooth or teeth are missing as a result of an injury or accident.
General or Pediatric Dentist?
To know whether one’s child should pay a general or pediatric dentist a visit, one should go to their local dentist office. After an initial appointment with a general dentist, the parent will be informed whether or not their child will require a visit from a pediatric dentist.
While not all dentists are considered as pediatric dentists, one won’t have to worry about searching for dentist who’s great around kids. A Mississauga Dentist is more than enough in keeping kids comfortable and safe in every dental appointment.
With latest advancements in modern dentistry, several procedures are now available for straightening teeth. These methods ensure one can have a straight and beautiful smile. Certain treatments can keep teeth straight in a shorter period of time while other procedures are meant to conceal existing teeth to draw in that “illusion” of a perfect smile.
Here are some of the most known procedures that straighten teeth in a typical dental clinic open on weekends:
- Invisalign treatment.
This particular treatment allows the straightening and alignment of one’s teeth in a swift and easy manner. The procedure makes use of transparent and customized aligners.
The aligners can be removed if one is eating or brushing teeth. This treatment is preferred by many over braces due to its appearance, comfort, and convenience.
- Use of veneers.
Veneers are external shells made to conceal a person’s dental flaws. These are utilized as “instant” orthodontic treatment since they offer quick results once they’re directly place on the teeth.
Veneers aid in enhancing the appearance of the teeth especially those that are shaped or sized wrongly, or those that have been discolored. Veneers allow for a perfect and aligned smile. It only takes a couple dental visits to complete treatment.
- Installation of traditional braces.
While metallic braces aren’t considered to be the most convenient option in keeping straightening teeth, they tend give the best results. Braces restructure the alignment of teeth by means of brackets and wiring’s. When these are properly tightened, teeth will start shifting to where they’re meant to be.
These procedures are widely available in dental clinics if one is in need of improving their smile. A recommended approach is to consult with a Mississauga Dentist to decide which option is most suitable in addressing one’s teeth straightening needs.
If your unfortunate to have a broken tooth Mississauga dentist can help repair it by using one of five procedures.
Which procedure; will depend on how the tooth is broken and which tooth it is.
The procedures used are;
- Bonding uses resin to fill in and shape the tooth where it is broken
- Veneers are used to cover fractures
- Crowns or caps will cover the break and strengthen the tooth
- A root canal will help save the tooth, often a root canal will also have a crown placed on it to help strengthen the tooth
- Dental implant when the tooth is broken beyond repair the tooth will be extracted and an implant put in the covered by a crown or cap
Types of breaks in teeth
Even though people say they have a broken tooth it does not necessarily mean it is broken in two or a piece is missing.
Six types of breaks in teeth;
- Chipped a small piece has fallen off
- Crazed cracks in the tooth’s enamel
- Cracked a deep crack that stretches down to the nerve of the tooth
- Cusp break a break, chip, or crack on the biting surface of the tooth
- Split leaves the tooth in two pieces
- Broken a large piece has fallen or broken off and the tooth is bleeding and painful
How to deal with a broken tooth
Here are some tips to take care of a broken tooth until you can see your Mississauga dentist ;
- If there are sharp edges, place some paraffin wax over it
- If it is bleeding use a cold compress and apply gentle pressure after gently rinsing your mouth with cool water
- If it has been broken off; rinse your mouth gently with an antiseptic mouth rinse
You may be wondering what are the benefits of dental bridges Mississauga.
I create a list on how to determine the different benefits and disadvantages of dental bridges.
Benefits of dental bridges;
1. Brings back your smile
2. Returns your ability to chew and speak properly
3. Preserves the shape of your face
4. Disperses the force of your bite evenly
5. Prevents the teeth that are left from shifting or drifting out of place
These advantages are very beneficial not only for your looks but also for your physical health and dental health.
The disadvantages are;
1. The teeth that the bridge is abutted to on either side may become damaged after the bridge is introduced
2. The abutment teeth may already be weak and shortly after the bridge is introduced to the teeth the bridge is abutted to they can collapse
3. The bridge if not fitted properly can allow food and bacteria in to cause decay
Is a dental bridge right for you
The only way to know if a dental bridge is right for you is to see one of the dentists Mississauga.
The dentist will examine your teeth and will be able to tell you if you make a good applicant for one of the three types of bridges.
If a dental bridge will work for you it will require at least two visits.
The first the dentist will prepare the abutment teeth for the dental bridge to attach to by shaping for a crown. Then, the dentist will make a mold of your mouth and send it to the lab for your dental bridge to be made.
The second visit the dentist will attach your dental bridge and explain how to take care of your bridge and when you can return to your normal eating habits and what you should no longer eat.
How long your new smile will last depends on what procedure was done by a cosmetic dentist Mississauga.
10 procedures available for a new smile
There are several smile enhancing cosmetic procedures which are;
- Whitening both professional and home products; although, the professional works much better
- Veneers come in a few different materials, resin will stain easier than porcelain so pay attention to coffee and red wine consumption
- Caps or crowns used on cracked teeth or root canals to help strengthen and bright the tooth
- Bonding uses composite resin to shape and lengthen teeth
- Dental implants used to replace one tooth that is missing
- Braces including invisible such as Invisalign helps straighten your teeth and bite to give you a beautiful smile
- Composite fillings there are made of composite resin that can be colored to match your natural teeth color
- Bridges replaces one or more teeth by using a composite resin colored to look like your natural gums and teeth
- Dentures when all your teeth are very bad and have even fallen out or will be extracted
- Implants for one or more teeth when you do not want a bridge to possibly damage your abutment teeth
Each one of these treatments enhances your smile in a different way and has a different lifespan.
The lifespan of these procedures run from 4 to 6 months for whitening to 10 to 20 years for veneers.
Each one requires different chair times and some require more than one visit like veneers or bridges.
Which procedure should you use to enhance your smile will be up to your dentist after he or she examines your mouth and the problem you are having with your teeth.
You can easily find dental Mississauga that includes cosmetic dentistry.
How healthy is your mouth
Do you really know how healthy your mouth is or why a healthy mouth is so important?
Any of the Dental Clinics Mississauga can examine your mouth and answer any questions you have so that you understand the importance of a healthy mouth for life.
Benefits of a healthy mouth
There are many benefits of a healthy mouth including;
* A beautiful smile that is even, straight, and white
* A good immune system that will be able to fight off any infections
* Good cognitive abilities and memory
* A balanced glucose level so you’re free of diabetes
* Reduced risk of acid re-flux or heartburn issues
These benefits of a healthy mouth help promote total overall health which can help you lead a full and rewarding life. These benefits begin with good oral hygiene, of brushing twice a day and flossing as well as seeing your dentist twice a year for checkups and cleanings.
Signs your mouth is not healthy
Here are some signs your mouth is not healthy and you should immediately visit a dental clinic such as Bristol Dental Clinic.
2. Dry mouth
3. Sores inside the mouth and outside on the lips
4. Bad breath
5. Broken or uneven teeth
Your dentist can help you with any of these issues after examining your teeth and mouth as well as discussing with you other underlying issues such as medications or other health issues you may have.
Things to remember
You should be seeing your dentist twice a year for dental exams and cleanings. Daily oral hygiene should be done properly with the proper tools to help keep your mouth and teeth healthy. A healthy mouth leads to overall health that allows you to live a full and rewarding life with your family and friends instead of sitting on the sidelines.
Dental sealants Mississauga are a good investment as they help prevent tooth decay for kids.
What are dental sealants and how do they work
Dental sealants are a thin coating of one of several types of materials such as resin that is painted on to the chewing surface of the teeth; it then sinks in and helps prevent tooth decay.
By sealing the fissures and grooves it helps prevent food and plaque from building up causing cavities.
Combining dental sealants with proper regular oral hygiene and dental checkups you can reduce the number of cavities by up to 80%.
How do you know if dental sealants are the right choice
Visit your dental office Mississauga and speak to your dentist about sealants. They will examine your teeth and determine if dental sealants are right for you and which material of dental sealants are your best choice.
Having dental sealants done to your teeth does not take long and is not at all painful.
Once the sealant has completely dried you can continue your normal eating and drinking as well as your normal oral hygiene routines; you should brush your teeth twice daily and floss.
How long do dental sealants last
Dental sealants can last up to 10 or 15 years provided you do not abuse your teeth using them as bottle openers or hooks for holding grocery bags.
Your dentist will pay attention to the sealant at each visit looking for chips in the sealant that could allow in particles that could cause decay.
If the dentist finds worn or chipped spots in the sealant he or she will determine if it is time for a new coat of sealant to be applied in order to reduce your chances of cavities.